Examples of fields in which linear guides are used
- Machines for the textile industry
- Packaging machinery
- Bottling machines
- Boxing machines
- Palletting machines
- Pallet unpacking machines
- Machines for the food industry
- Machines for working wood, plastic, or marble
- Cutting machines
- Edging machines
- Drilling and milling machines
- Machines for plasma, laser, and water-jet cutting
- Sandblasting and painting plants
- High pressure washing
- Automated welding plants
- Galvanic plants
- Making equipment for special effects in television advertising
Some of the applications used are described, which shows that linear guides can be used in all possible fields.
- Construction of a 48 m long guide for moving a sewing machine for sails and tensioned tarpaulins.
- Supplying a 12 m long guide that was then used in the “Scherzi a Parte” program for moving a container of water through the air to wet the guests.
- Constructing guides with chains for lifting disabled persons.
- Lifting and lowering an ejection seat for carrying out tests in the aeronautical field.
- Electrical opening and closing of windows in yachts
- Lifting and stowing plasma screens used in television crew vehicles and some homes
- Daily extension of a kiosk’s fridge counter on public ground.